Tuesday 31 August 2010

Golden Rule

This is the latest (and possibly last) album from legendary Australian Rock band Powderfinger. Like all of Powderfinger's albums, Golden Rule doesn't fail to disappoint with its combination of slow melodies and fast paced rock. For diehard fans of the band (like myself) the tunes will ring out with a kind of sad nostalgia (for those that don't know what I'm talking about, the band announced in April this year that they were splitting after their final tour - I hope everyone got tickets). The downside to this album is that it seems to lack energy, however, in the past the songs of Powderfinger have grown on me. The more I hear a song, the more I love it. I'm already imagining all the road trips I'll be taking with the smooth sounds of this album ringing out of my CD player.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kially said...

Golden Rule reached certified Double Platinum in August 2010. Easy to understand when you listen to the album. Like many others I am already mourning their absence and am extremely jealous of those attending the farewell tour. Looks like I will just have to keep hitting the 'repeat disk' button......