Tuesday 15 March 2011

Peaceful warrior : the graphic novel / Dan Millman

The graphic novel format does not appeal to me. I usually enjoy following the text of a good story and using my imagination. No distractions from images or links to off-shoots of information elsewhere. The lay-out of the graphic novel is way too busy - images to interpret, thought bubbles and dialogue bubbles to read - & work out in which illogical order to read them in, and quite often the story is more suited to juveniles.
Our Reader's Advisor, Monique issued the challenge to try reading genres and styles we would not normally choose for ourselves.
The peaceful warrior is the first graphic novel I have taken off the shelves and not put back after glancing at a few pages.
The story was a bit new age, with a philosophy my yoga practise allowed me to relate to. There were some mystery super hero gurus and the author himself is the real hero of the story. When I finished the book I said "Deep, very deep".
Try it.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: